Thursday, December 08, 2005

After the journey, and onward

So, here we are, on the other side of MIGRATIONS.

I want to thank all of the Mechanics, for your hard work, commitment, creativity and energy. This art would not have existed without you. I’m not sure if any other ensemble could make it exist, certainly not as you have. What we do is at times a hard thing, very demanding. It is always a great risk. But it is also a great joy. All of you have made this effort much more joy than work, and an exceptional reward for the risk. I’m very proud of you, and deeply grateful I get to share the stage with you all. Bravo!

Thanks also go to our soul brother and composer, Todd Harper. It has been our privilege to bring your creation to life. As a group, as individuals, as musicians and as people, we have grown. We have moved on from where we were before.

Heartfelt thanks also go to our guest soloist, Garrett Ward. You are a rock, our foundation in this piece, and to me a great friend. Thank you so much for being here with us.

I also want to say “thank you” to any and all audience members who might be reading this. You were very much a part of tonight’s performance; indeed, your presence made it all the more special. Thanks for your enthusiasm and support for our efforts. Hope the food was good.

Many thanks to everyone behind the scenes who made it happen, and to the other artists who joined in the ancillary efforts. You added so much to the event, it is impossible to think of it without you.

So, here we are, after this journey, starting a new one---no, many new journeys, many pathways will radiate out from this event. I can’t wait to see where we go….and we go...


1 comment:

Chansi said...

It has been a couple of weeks since our performance and I still get chills thinking about it. I had an incredible time on the stage. Stockhausen was especially enjoyable. I felt like I could really feel everyone's beat. We were on the same page for a big chunk of that piece and it felt incredible; Like it was beyond us. The Samba was also a lot of fun. That's always my favorite to listen to. I enjoyed watching Todd get his groove on in the back. You crack me up! And you definitely made me feel more relaxed and at ease. Migrations was probably my favorite. I loved everyone's costumes and I thought we had really great dynamics. Rebecca you definitely take the prize for best costume. I absolutely adored your head wrap! Very creative and interesting. Tim's little head stand was a little frightening and surprising. Kept the audience on their toes. The entire concert gave me an incredible high that would float in and out of my mind for days.