Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Migrations

I love the idea of migrations, it relates to everyone. I have been wanting to put a name on the cycles of my life and migrations is no longer too limited of a term for me. I have so many parts of my life where, when I was finished I picked up and moved on and took what I felt was important for the future of my life. I have seen myself change in what I take with me and what I leave behind. I no longer leave the useful and take the useless. This migrations piece is something I will take with me after this station.

The idea of migrating has been implemented in such a musical way where it is comprehensive. The traveling instrument that we take, representing the useful tools I take with me to to every station (or setting) of my life. Using the instrument at each station shows how we take our surrounding and put them to use. Just as I move to a new town I go to that grocery store rather than traveling across state to go to the grocery store.

This experience as a whole has been amazing, opening my mind to new ideas. It has inspired me in my poetry and in my music as a whole not to mention my spiritual practices my personal artistic ideas have made leaps and bounds. Exposing myself musically has broadened my horizon so to speak. I have been able get out of the box that society has placed me into I believe that this is just the beginning. This "station" has been my favorite so far. "And we go......."

No comments: