Monday, June 13, 2011

The Second Movement

When this blog was initiated, it was to provide insight into the creative process of Temporal Mechanics Union, as we prepared for our first large-scale performance, MIGRATIONS for marimba and percussion ensemble, by good friend and great soul Todd Harper. Alas, looking back on it, we did not meet the potential of this narrative format.

Now, after a very, very long hiatus, I'm reviving this blog to explore the development of a solo program, as well as the behind-the-scenes of TMU. I'll use this space to reflect on the creative process and rehearsal progress of my Solo Ritmo project, and to mentally manage the continual work in progress that is Temporal Mechanics Union. No doubt there will be 5 Man Trio notes as well. And who knows, I may yet get into another band, one of these days...

If by some bizarre sequence of links you have randomly stumbled across this blog, or if you're here because you know me, I hope you will check back from time to time. Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself, and I get enough of that at home.

No comments: